Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member royerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    492
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great playing everyone!

    Thanks for sharing....

  2. #52
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blake,

    You're too kind.

    I WISH that was my band! I
    could not be in the same
    room rehearsing with the
    likes of them!

    My part is overdubbed. Most
    Latin bands do NOT have
    drum accompaniment. I AM
    in contact with the bass-
    player, though.

    The band is Conexion Latina.
    That arrangement is very
    old and from their UN POCO
    LOCO release. These guys
    are sushi chefs in Europe.

    I was turned onto them by
    the drumming great, Alex
    Sanguinetti. He is a fab-
    ulous drummer that I have
    taken lessons from. He had
    heard that I was coming up
    with drum parts for some
    Eddie Palmieri tunes...

    www.thediametrixletter.com/CaribbeanWood6.mp3

    ...and thought that I would
    find the horn lines more
    challenging, though still
    in the groove. Boy, was he
    right! He's been a great
    help to me over the last
    year and a half - especially
    psychologically. Like Billy,
    he feels that drumming is
    primarily a mental phenom.

    Back to Conexion Latina,
    Alex gets all the gigs, with
    the individual players, not
    as a collective.

    I find that Latin Salsa, be-
    cause of the absence of the
    drum-kit is fertile ground
    for players like me, who are
    looking to better their comp-
    limenting of a larger en-
    semble. It's a lot of fun.

    I'm glad that you like it.
    Try that sample, which was
    zipped. That's virgin. You
    will have a great time with
    it, I'm sure. Just remember
    to stress the off-beat.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Peter.
    I enjoy your playing as well and respect you as one of the most interesting HOD members, since you seem to have a lot of experience under your belt. I'm listening to the salsajazz6 mp3 now. Is that a band you are currently playing with?
    Man, they are tight.! Very uplifting music and must be really fun to play.

    Best of luck!

    btw: I added a couple of more drumistic mp3s to nourish the technique heads. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  4. #54
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know what Pete?
    You should take these charts and make a cd/chart reading package. These are really great tunes to play and the reading would be really challenging to practice. Not too many bands play with this many nice kicks. I think this would fill a void in the chart reading/play along world. I always wanted to play this music, but it's difficult to get it together.

    Cookin playing and music.
    Yeah !!!

  5. #55
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blake,

    It's easy to get to this
    stuff and the reason is
    that there are NO drum
    tracks on most of it. I
    am talking about 1000's
    of Salsa recordings. They
    are just waiting to be
    arranged and played to.

    If you want links to the
    tunes that I have posted
    so far, I'll be glad to
    point you in that direct-
    ion. The cd's are avail-
    able for a song and dance.

    This one is TOTALLY dif-
    ferent and I sent it to
    the composer. Some of you
    might recognize it. By
    the way, George liked it.

    www.thediametrixletter.com/lena3.mp3

    This was a couple of years
    ago but a cool idea, I think:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/petesymphony3.mp3

    Let me know, Blake.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 07, 2003 02:20 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  6. #56
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blake,

    'SalsaJazz' is from Conexion Latina's
    "Un Poco Loco". Great stuff but only
    a couple of candidates, though killer!

    http://half.ebay.com/search/search.j...onexion+latina

    The real candidates are "Mambo-Nights"
    and "Un Poco Loco".

    Most of the stuff you have heard from me
    is from "Mambo Nights".

    Don't forget Eddie Palmieri though.

    http://half.ebay.com/search/search.j...eddie+palmieri

    "Palmas" is real good. Lot of tunes.

    www.thediametrixletter.com/palmas2.mp3

    It has a low mix of the great Robbie
    Ameen on it. No offense, Robbie!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ November 09, 2003 12:55 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font></font>

    Here's another Eddie, which is cool:

    http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...1876&meta_id=2

    www.thediametrixletter.com/covagarde1.mp3

    I really had fun with that one.

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2003 01:02 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  7. #57
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And speaking of Billy Cobham and
    play-alongs, one of the ultimates,
    if not THE ultimate is his marve-
    lous "Conundrum". Billy did these
    just for us, drummers that are look-
    to build up their large ensemble
    chops, without the large ensembles.
    It comes with all the charts etc.:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/conundrumrevisited.mp3
    www.thediametrixletter.com/stratus9.mp3

    This is a must. The large ensemble
    arrangements are very challenging.

    Blake, you'd love it, I think.

    Here's another CL file, zipped.
    It does NOT have my drum track.

    www.thediametrixletter.com/zapata.zip

    Great groove on this one for you guys.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 10, 2003 03:09 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  8. #58
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for hooking me up Peter. I'll be looking for those titles. I never thought of overdubbing over those non-drumset tracks.
    Coool !
    Blake

  9. #59
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blake,

    The chances of my hooking up
    with a band like that are VERY
    remote. I'm totally out of the
    music scene.

    This is the next best thing. I
    make sure to keep my mix down
    and A PART OF the original pre-
    sentation, as it would be if I
    was in the studio, with the comp-
    oser and arrangers. The idea is
    to contribute to the work and not
    take away.

    In the end, we have an opportun-
    ity, not only to do that but to
    be influenced to do it in a dif-
    ferent way than we may be used to.

    The world of Latin is the world
    of off-beat but it is arguable
    that no "1" is implied more ef-
    fectively, than in this genre.

    As Billy once told me about some-
    thing else, I will tell you:

    "You have nothing to lose and
    everything to gain."

    On top of that, I know that you
    will have lots of fun.

    You can come back to arrangements
    that you'd like to improve on...
    There's so much you can do!

    www.thediametrixletter.com/mambonightsolo.mp3

    Today, I came back to this and
    I wanted to add double-kicks
    for the build-up at the end:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/mambonights10.mp3

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 10, 2003 04:18 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  10. #60
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I re-did this one and this is
    also from "Mambo Nights", Blake;

    www.thediametrixletter.com/mamboalamintzer10.mp3

    It 'kicks' you in the head, it's so tough!

    I know you'd love to work to it.

    Here's something from a while ago
    but to give you more of a taste of
    what's on "Conundrum":

    www.thediametrixletter.com/eleuthera7.mp3

    Again, you have to get this at
    Amazon.com, as it's a book.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 13, 2003 01:31 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •